The Office Manager supports the general operations of Inspiration Corporation by providing administrative support to staff, processing payroll, and being a hands-on manager of day-to-day operations. The Office Manager will work closely with the IT & Facilities Manager and the Human Resources Generalist to ensure a safe and organized work environment and to continuously improve organizational processes and procedures. This position requires a resourceful and creative problem solver who possesses the following skills and characteristics: customer service oriented attitude, excellent written and verbal communication skills; strong judgment and ethics, and the ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Demonstrate Inspiration Corporation’s Core Values
- Provide excellent customer service to staff, donors, clients, and other stakeholders
- Attend All Staff and Finance & Admin department meetings
- Exhibit professionalism and high standards in all aspects of performance
GENERAL OFFICE MANAGEMENT
- Ensure the efficient operation of the office and help to improve company procedures and day-to-day operations
- Sort and distribute mail, manage stamps.com software & equipment, drop out-going items in mailbox at the end of day, etc.
- Keep office equipment, including printers, copiers, scanners and shredders, in good working order. Fill printers with paper, replace ink cartridges, schedule service visits as necessary, etc.
- Manage organization’s phone system including new user set-up, voicemail and out-going messages, devices, etc.
- Organize, maintain, and beautify common areas and employee offices:
- Set up employee mailboxes, maintain office signs, etc.
- Assess staff furniture, equipment, and space needs, manage staff moves, etc.
- Coordinate office “spring cleaning”, document storage and destruction, etc.
- Order office supplies, maintain inventory, analyze needs and spending, suggest improvements
- Manage contract and price negotiations with office vendors and service providers
- Assist with electronic housekeeping and oversee organization and maintenance of files on server and SharePoint
- Lead the Safety Committee, make recommendations and implement changes to ensure a safe work environment as needed
- Manage property, liability, auto, and workers compensation insurance policies, including renewals, audits, risk management, and claims
- Lead Social Committee and plan in-house or off-site activities such as holiday parties, staff retreats, celebrations, etc.
- Partner with human resources and the executive team to update and maintain office policies
- Assist human resources and department supervisors in the onboarding process for new hires
- Provide administrative assistance to executive staff as needed and run miscellaneous errands as requested
- Process semi-monthly payroll using Paylocity and ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll transactions including salaries, benefits, garnishments, taxes, and other deductions
- Ensure accurate and timely entry of payroll updates including new hires, terminations, and changes to pay and benefit rates
- Prepare and maintain accurate records and reports of payroll transactions
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local payroll, wage, and hour laws and best practices
- Facilitate audits by providing records and documentation to auditors
- Identify and recommend updates to payroll software, systems, and procedures
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES None.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university preferred. Prior experience in processing payroll and a minimum of 2-3 years prior office management or administrative experience in an office setting is required. Strong computer skills are essential, including Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel. Familiarity with Paylocity is a plus.
LANGUAGE SKILLS Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistics. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
REASONING ABILITY Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and stand. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Maintains standard office hours. Occasional travel between the primary office in Uptown and Inspiration Kitchens in Garfield Park will be required. Attends evening, weekend, and early morning functions as required.
In keeping with COVID-19 safety precautions that Inspiration Corporation has implemented, the Office Manager will be asked to perform work remotely to the extent possible; however, on-site work will be regularly required of the Office Manager due to the nature of the duties of the position.
Email resume & cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Office Manager” in the subject line of your email.