Salary Range: $55,000 – $60,000
In an atmosphere of dignity and respect, Inspiration Corporation helps people who are affected by homelessness and poverty to improve their lives and increase self-sufficiency through the provision of social services, employment training and housing. Since 1989, Inspiration Corporation has assisted thousands of individuals and families affected by homelessness, extreme poverty and recent incarceration each year – serving as a catalyst for self-reliance.
Inspiration Corporation programs are voluntary, and all service needs and goals are participant- driven. Our case management philosophy is strengths-based and trauma-informed. Inspiration Corporation practices harm reduction and focuses on reducing or minimizing the harm associated with high-risk behavior through motivational interviewing.
At Inspiration Corporation, employees live this mission by demonstrating the following core values. Inspiration Corporation believes that these core values are what make the organization one of Chicago’s leading facilitators of personal transformation, and a great place to work:
- Communicate honestly
- Act with compassion
- Pursue growth and learning
- Be humble
- Take care of ourselves so we can help others
- Work greater together
- Create a fun and productive environment
The Government Contracts Manager is a full-time position responsible for managing the government contracts for the agency. Currently the agency has five HUD contracts, two state contracts, and four contracts with DFSS spanning the Housing, Supportive Service, and Workforce Development departments. Government contract revenue accounts for a significant portion of the agency budget (approximately 45%, or just under two million dollars).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Demonstrate Inspiration Corporation’s Core Values.
- Exhibit professionalism and high standards in all aspects of performance.
- Work with all departments as appropriate to ensure that the needs of the agency’s participants are addressed.
- Attend department and agency meetings.
Government Contract Management
- Prepare and submit government contract applications, budgets, financial reports, and budget revisions, as necessary.
- Develop and maintain dashboard of grant information, activity, and expenditures.
- Facilitate meetings with department directors and managers to coordinate the administration of government contracts.
- Facilitate program and financial audits and prepare and organize necessary documentation. Assist with preparation of plan for corrective action, if needed.
- Research HUD, IDHS, DFSS and other government agency regulation as necessary for allowable costs and compliance requirements. Summarize and disseminate this information to administrative and program staff.
- Attend trainings on government contract and grant opportunities and requirements.
- Build and maintain relationships with external contacts for government contracts.
- Maintain complete, accurate and uniform files commensurate to grant and year.
Vouchering and Budgeting
- Complete and submit vouchers on time, as often as the contract permits, requires, or is reasonable, and with proper backup documentation and necessary signatures.
- Monitor the receipt of government funds and process accordingly within agency’s standard financial procedures.
- Conduct monthly review in order to effectively manage the financial activities of each contract. Ensure that all activities fall within contract and agency guidelines and grants are being spent down appropriately.
- Prepare cash flow projection of government grant income.
- Maintain monthly salary and cost allocation spreadsheets and ensure timely submission of monthly time studies.
- Coordinate with Chief Financial Officer and Directors to prepare government contract budgets. Prepare relevant financial reports as needed.
- Coordinate with Chief Financial Officer to ensure that all government contract budgets are reflected accurately in the agency budget.
- Record, manage and monitor government accounts receivable accordingly within agency’s standard financial policies.
- Reconcile grant expenditures and payments in general ledger.
- Assist Chief Financial Officer and Accounting Manager with various accounting/finance projects as they arise.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, & SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university and/or related industry experience/training is required. Degree in finance, accounting, and/or business administration is preferred.
- Minimum 2-3 years experience working with government contracts and/or grants is preferred.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and proficiency in Microsoft Word and Outlook is required. Experience with Fund EZ or similar accounting software is preferred.
- Thorough understanding of basic accounting principles and procedures is required.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple deadlines simultaneously is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and hear or talk. The employee is frequently required to walk. The employee is regularly required to stand. The employee must regularly lift/move 10-20 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Attends evening, weekend, and early morning meetings and functions as needed.
Email resume & cover letter to email@example.com. Please include “Government Contracts Manager” in the subject line of your email.
Inspiration Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
Posted on 2/22/20