- In the month of April, we distributed, on average, 120 meals to-go each day at Inspiration Cafe. Since switching to the to to-go format on March 17, we have distributed over 3,700 meals total.
- A professional cleaning crew is coming into Inspiration Cafe two days each week to do a deep cleaning and sanitize all spaces involved in meal production.
- We distributed an additional ten $500 grants through the #GiveTogetherNow Family Independence Initiative to Foodservice Training students and graduates. To date we have distributed 20 total grants.
- We continue to distribute grocery boxes through our partnership with US Foods and Chef Rick Bayless at Inspiration Kitchens. To date we have distributed more than 200 boxes.
- We’re networking with other agencies to learn more about how they are structuring moving course materials and staff support to an online format.
- Through the support of a group of philanthropists led by Waterton Philanthropic, we will be extending our meals production for Breakthrough Urban Ministries and The Night Ministry through the end of May, and will produce more than 800 meals each week.
- Since the stay-at-home order began, we have successfully housed four new households, and assisted 5 households in moving to new housing.
- Our peer mentor is running a virtual life skills class for participants in our Housing Services program using Advancing the Seed’s structure and curriculum.
- This California-based nonprofit organization is committed to creating a pathway of self-sufficiency for at-risk youth and unemployed or underemployed young adults.
- They are providing their technology platform and curriculum free of charge to support our efforts to assist the young adults in our Rapid Rehousing program.
- One participant has been successfully placed in permanent housing.
Ways to Help
- Our participants across all programs are in need of cloth masks or other PPE given the governor’s mandate that masks be worn in any situations that don’t allow social distancing after May 1.